Buying property? Then this blog is for you!!

This blog helps the property buying community to more easily share strategies, stories and helpful tips. It is an open blog. Anyone can join, contribute and invite others to join.

If you would like to talk property, please contact us:
Office: 1300 911 576
Martyn Fleming: 0400 000 822
Guy Clarke: 0409 055 128
E: enquiries@morpheusproperty.com.au
W: www.morpheusproperty.com.au
_________________________________________________________________

03 June 2009

Your opportunity to Give Something Back

City to Longreach

1200km! 14 Mates! 13 towns! One Reason!

Charity Event for Leukaemia Foundation & AEIOU

My name is Monty Summers, I am twenty years old, a Churchie old boy (Class of 06) and currently enrolled as a student at the University of Queensland.

Half way through my senior year I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALA). Before being admitted to hospital I was running 13 times a week for the school cross country team. Going from intensive training to being asked to lie in bed for six months just wasn’t me and at every opportunity I’d hang my bag of chemo on the treadmill and run or strap the tubes to my arm and go surfing.

After all the support I received from Family, Friends and the Leukemia Foundation I want to give something back to them!

Beginning on the 14 July 2009 and concluding in Longreach on the 26 July 2009, we hope to raise vital funds and awareness for the Leukaemia Foundation and AEIOU (Children with Autism). These unique charities have been selected because throughout my struggle they were always there for me and my family. The Leukemia Foundation supplied accommodation, transport and a myriad of other forms of support, essential to keep me smiling. My doctor, Dr. James Morton MD has a very personal connection with AEIOU and I want to help him and others who grapple with the challenges of autism in children.

The money raised from City to Longreach will go to accommodating, transporting and counseling patients from the outback suffering from hematological diseases. Many of the essential treatments are only available in Brisbane Hospitals. Funds given to AEIOU will be used to develop programs and support for Queensland families with children diagnosed with autism living in rural and remote communities.

We have a variety of sponsorship and donation opportunities available on the City to Longreach website -
www.citytolongreach.com.au, where you can also see the benefits of giving! If you would like to know more please contact me at montague.summers@uqconnect.edu.au.

Thank you and keep smiling!

Monty Summers
Organiser
City to Longreach

Proudly supported by Morpheus Property

No comments: